Be a poll worker
Every Election Day, thousands of Ohioans contribute to their communities by helping to operate polling places. Ohio’s poll workers help safeguard our election process. Many poll workers find their experience rewarding and return to serve year after year.
But Ohio needs more poll workers. If you choose to work at a poll, you will receive training and be paid for your time. Carroll County Poll Workers currently make $115.62 to work Election Day.
Who is eligible
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age and registered to vote
- You must be a registered voter in Carroll County
- You must not have been convicted of a felony
- You cannot be running as a candidate for the election in which you are working
Apply to be a poll worker
- Call the office (330) 627-2610
- Complete the sign up form on the Ohio Secretary of State’s website
- All poll workers are paid.
- All poll workers must attend training.
Poll worker materials
We encourage you to review online training materials.
Attention Poll Workers
After training and/or Election Day, please take the time to fill out our Online Feedback Form for Poll Workers. Thank you for your feedback.
To learn more about being a poll worker in Carroll County, call our office at (330) 627-2610.