Ohio Flag

An official government website.

  • You may go to www.fvap.gov and follow the instructions to register and request an Absentee Ballot using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).
  • Once you’ve completed the application make sure to sign it. Ohio does not require a witness or notary.
  • If you wish to vote in a partisan primary election, you must include the party ballot that you would like to receive.
  • Ohio allows you to submit the FPCA by
    email – [email protected] 
    mail to
    Fairfield County Board of Elections
    951 Liberty Drive
    Lancaster, Ohio 43130
  • When the board of elections issues your ballot, it will provide you with information on how to track the status of your ballot in the Centralized Ballot Tracking System.
  • The FPCA is good for the calendar year in which it was emailed or mailed. By emailing or mailing a new form each January, or if your email or mailing address changes, it will ensure that a ballot can be sent for each election.