Precinct Election Officials/Election Day Workers Information
Get a Front Row Seat to Democracy in Action!
The Greene County Board of Elections can offer you that opportunity. The Board hires dedicated, community-minded individuals as Precinct Election Officials to staff and operate the polling locations.
Every Election Day Precinct Election Officials work hard to ensure their neighbors can vote with ease, while helping to safeguard the process so all Ohioans can have confidence in the results.
Am I eligible? Yes, if you are:
- A registered voter in Greene County
- Registered as a Republican or Democrat (You must vote in the Primary)
- Willing to attend required training (3 Hour Class)
- Available for current or future elections
What do I have to do?
- Attend a three hour training class
- Report to Polling Location assigned from 5:30 a.m. and serve until all duties are completed after the closing of the polls.
- Voting Location Managers must pick up election supplies at the Board of Elections prior to Election Day.
- Prepare the Polling Location.
- Verify Voter eligibility.
- Process Voters.
- Issue ballots to Voters.
- Pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
Where will I work?
Public and private facilities such as schools, township halls, libraries and churches are used as Polling Locations.
Every effort is made to place you at a convenient location.
How do I sign up?
Please fill out the Precinct Election Officials/Election Day Workers Application.
Serving as an Election Official/Election Day Worker?
Election Official Training FAQ’s and Mandatory Training Disclaimers (PDF)
If serving as an Election Official/Election Day Worker, please register for Election Official Training Registration.
Election Official Recruiter: (937) 562-6185 or (937) 562-6187