UPCOMING ELECTION INFORMATION
Primary Election – April 28, 2020
(Postponed from March 17, 2020 due to COVID-19)
ALL MAIL ABSENTEE VOTING
Applications for absentee ballots to be mailed must be received by the Board of Elections no later than Saturday, April 25, 2020 at noon.
All in-country absentee ballots must be received by 7:30 p.m. on April 28, 2020 to be counted for the Unofficial Results or postmarked by April 27, 2019 and received not later than May 8, 2020 to be counted for the Official Results.
Petitions are available for the following offices:
- State Representative (96th District)
- County Commissioner (Term Commencing 1-2-21)
- County Commissioner (Term Commencing 1-3-21)
- Prosecuting Attorney
- Clerk of Court of Common Pleas
- County Recorder
- County Treasurer
- County Engineer
- Judge of the Court of Common Pleas (Term Commencing 1-1-21)
- Judge of the Court of Common Pleas (Term Commencing 2-9-21)
- Judge of the Court of Common Pleas Probate/Juvenile Division (Term Commencing 2-9-21)
Forms are also available for Member of Democratic and Republican County Central Committee.
The deadline for filing Declaration of Candidacy Petitions/Forms and Local Questions and Issues is December 18, 2019 by 4 p.m.
The deadline to file as a Write In Candidate for the offices listed above is January 6, 2020 by 4 p.m.
The deadline for filing Nominating Petitions for Independent Candidates is March 16, 2020 by 4 p.m.
The deadline for voter registration is February 18, 2020 at 9 p.m.
The Board Office will be open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. for this deadline.
Absentee voting will begin for all Military and Overseas Civilians on January 31, 2020.
Absentee voting for all other voters will begin no earlier than February 19, 2020.