Every election in Richland County the Board of Elections needs over four hundred trained precinct election officials to the work at the polling locations. Precinct Election Officials are prescribed by the law to actuate an unbiased and fair election.
The requirements to qualify to be a precinct election official are as follows:
- Must be a registered voter in Richland County
- Must attend training sessions
- Must be affiliated with a major political party
- Must be able to perform clerical tasks and lift voting equipment
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must be at least 17 years old
Precinct Election Officials/Poll Worker Recruitment
Precinct Election Official COMPENSATION
Voting Location Manager – $190 per election
Presiding Judge – $180 per election
Presiding Assistant – $155 per election
Judge-Clerk – $145 per election
Additional compensation for training as determined by the Board.
Training for new workers is scheduled approximately six weeks before each primary or general election. Presiding Judges are trained as needed. Applicants will be notified of the dates and locations of the training sessions.
Election Official Manuals:
Secretary of State
Sign-up to be a Poll Worker
May 2, 2023 Primary Election
- Wednesday April 12, 2023 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday April 17, 2023 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday April 19, 2023 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday April 22, 2023 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
All Training will be conducted in the Upstairs Classroom of Longview Center 1495 W. Longview Ave., Mansfield OH 44906
You may show up at any of the times on any of the days and remain as long as you want. (Minimum of at least 1 ½ hours)
Please arrive by at least 4:30 pm so station training does not go beyond the 6:00 pm.